“Heroes of the Storm” is a fairly basic game when you look at it.
You have the Assassins, the ones who deal the most damage against opponents, the supports who help others stay alive as they fight in the front lines. There are also the specialists whom have unique, yet highly valued skillsets and then, there’s the warriors, the one’s who’s tasked to do much of the dirty work.
By dirty work, I mean soak up much of the damage that opposing heroes can dish out. To do that, warriors have the highest health points among the four hero classes and skill sets that’s best suited for them to stay alive in the front lines.
Put simply, the warriors in Heroes of the Storm are what you’d normally refer to as tanks and meat shields. But, because of the game’s emphasis on micromanagement and fast-paced gameplay, warriors have to do much more than just tank. They have to worry about initiating and crowd control, all the while making sure that the assassins and supports have enough space to do what they do best.
Unfortunately, many don’t realize this and often just go in blindly in every clash. If you’re one to do so, then you may want to rethink your strategy and read on below to know more about how to be a better tanker.
Your main role as a warrior may be to tank, but your skill set allows you to deal your fair share of damage and engage enemy heroes. Make sure that you use every skill you have on opposing heroes, especially the supports and assassins. This way, the enemy team won’t be able to deal as much damage, while your team’s supports and assassins have enough space to play their respective roles.
- NEVER AIM AT A FELLOW TANK. The focus of your crowd control skills should be on assassins, supports and other key heroes.
- You’re going to take the lead at all times, so be sure to act like a leader. Always be the first to suggest securing important map objectives, or vision points.
- Speaking of vision, don’t die trying to secure vision points. This doesn’t apply to just warriors, but every other hero class. Remember, even if vision is important, staying alive and preventing the enemy team from gaining an advantage in experience or levels is much more so.
- You may be expected to take the lead, but don’t be reckless trying to do so. Diving in without securing your teammate’s position just isn’t going to do your team any good. In fact, if the enemy team manages to single you out, you’ll end up putting your teammates to a disadvantage by dying and taking too long to respawn, especially in late games.
- Always prioritize talents that grant additional regeneration rates, increase your HP or give you a shield of sorts. This way, you’re able to last longer in team fights. Though, there will be times that you’ll need to focus on DPS too, especially if your team needs more damage during team fights.
Warriors may be, arguably, be the easiest to learn out of the four classes, but that doesn’t mean that playing them is going to be a walk in the park.
Hopefully, the general tips above will help you become a better warrior player at Heroes of the Storm.
Written by Ray Ian Ampoloquio