In a new official Game Developer Journal post Blizzard has announced some long awaited changes to be made to Diablo III. While the post by game designer Travis Day was extremely informative, for a more clear and concise list of the changes to come we have presented the information in a easy to read list form.
Auction House and Other Gold Concerns
Travis states a major question asked among the game’s developers, “how can we refocus the end game away from farming the auction house back to farming monsters? It’s a complicated issue, but one we are committed to addressing.”
Here Are The Ideas Blizzard Are Planning On Implementing
- More character customization and decorative vanity items are being considered as a way to both set your character apart, and spend all that hard earned gold on something fun.
- Plans to add the ability to modify current objects, and craft prettier future items, are in the works.
- “The most concrete example of how we’re supporting this philosophy would be the crafting recipes we introduced in patch 1.0.7.” says Travis.
Drastic But Welcome Changes For Rares , Legendaries , and Set Items
While there are plans in the works to increase the usefulness of many of the yellows, oranges, and greens, changes are on the way for a severe drop chance overall for these item types. The hope is that players will no longer feel that a bank filled with unidentified rare items as a burden, with more than 95% of the items being salvaged or sold for almost nothing.
These Are Some Of The Changes To Come For Gear And Weapons
- In the upcoming 1.0.8 patch, an “identify all” option button is to be added, finally.
- The creation of “targeted Legendaries,” it is simply raising the chance that important NPCs like The Butcher or Diablo will drop certain legendary items that will be associated with the NPC, like “Butcher’s Cleave”.
- When considering legendary items to be added in the near future, Travis states, “Potential future Legendary item ideas include a Voodoo Mask that increases pet damage, a Barbarian set that makes Call of the Ancients last until they die (after we give them full pet survivability), a Wizard Orb that allowed for two Hydras to be active at once, or the “Ethereal” boots idea I posted…”
- Creating a set chance that a legendary will be perfect for your character’s class.
- There has been talk of creating another constant chance to receive a legendary the first time you kill a monster on each difficulty.
What would ZootGamer like to see added?
- More customization and use for the character flag
- More functionality and or power for followers
- More pony stages
- What would you like to see added to Diablo III?
- More PVP please?!